2008 Toyota Sienna accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Sienna:

2008 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Jun 012012

Sienna 6-cyl

Last June 2012 I was backing my vehicle in my home driveway when the rear hatch window suddenly exploded, showering large and small shards of glass outwards with enough force that glass particles were found approx. 15 ft. Behind the vehicle! the inside rear of the vehicle was filled with large and small shards, and broken and hanging glass was left in the window frame. When this was reported to the Toyota dealer, their rep replied that he had never heard of such an event occurring with a Toyota, and implied that I had broken the window by accident. Since my warranty doesn't cover glass, I turned in a claim to allstate insurance($100 deductible) and the window was repaired. On 11/08/2012 I was driving approx. 25 mph on a city street when the same window exploded with enough energy to produce a loud "bang!" I again turned in a claim to allstate($100 deductible, again!) and the window was repaired. While waiting at the repair shop, I asked the glass technician if he was aware of any similar incidents with Toyota windows. He replied, "oh yes, " and told me that he had just repaired a similar window on a Toyota owned by a kirtland, Ohio police officer, among others! I feel that this is a serious safety defect that should be investigated immediately, before someone gets severely injured!

- Richmond Heights, OH, USA