2009 Toyota Sienna accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Sienna:

2009 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Aug 132014

Sienna 6-cyl

The side automatic door cable snapped. If my child was in his seat he would have been injured bad. The tension on this was tremendous. All my wife did was open the door. We have a 2009 Sienna AWD and have maintained it per Toyota instructions. Toyota wants $1100 plus $300 do diagnose the problem. This is just wrong. Please help. The cable was hanging where my son would be sitting.

- Mahopac, NY, USA

Sep 302009

I've seen that Toyota is recalling many vehicles because of loose driver's side floormats, but not the Sienna minivan. After I heard about the problem I noticed that both clips holding the driver's floor mat back had come loose and the mat had slid several inches toward the front of the vehicle. I think I just never thought much about it until I saw this recall and what happened to that poor family. I had to snap the plastic retention clips back into the grommet holes, but I wonder if this is happening on other cars as well, and if so, why wasn't Sienna involved in the recall?

- Rochester, MN, USA