2010 Toyota Sienna fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Sienna:

2010 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

May 162012

Sienna 6-cyl

I was making a right hand turn in to a parking space in a parking lot. I had my foot on the brake as it was a sharp right turn in to the space and was slowly entering the space. When I was about 2 feet away from the parking block at the front of the space, the van suddenly accelerated and shot forward over the parking block and about 8 feet out in to a grassy yard in front of the lot. As it shot forward, I quickly checked to make sure that my foot was on the brake and not the gas pedal. It was on the brake and I was pushing the brake the entire time. The accelerator overrode the brake. I had no control over the acceleration. We took the van to Toyota where they kept it overnight. They told us they "were unable to replicate the problem". they verbally told us that there was nothing wrong with it and it was safe to drive. We asked them to put that in writing and they refused and said that they could not put that in writing.

- Springfield, IL, USA