2.7

2010 Toyota Sienna steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Sienna:

2010 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Apr 032015

Sienna

I was advised that I had to replace my steering rack because of multiple leaks. I have spoken with quite a few people including my Toyota service advisor and was advised that the Toyota steering racks frequently fail between 75K and 90K and have to be replaced. This happens immediately after the 75K warranty ends. Also, when I drive speeds between 50-70 mph, and level out the speed, my car picks up speed when I am not initiating the action.

- Hutto, TX, USA

Mar 312015

Sienna 6-cyl

I took my 2010 Sienna in for a 80000 mile service, was told that the boots around steering rack was in bad shape. I was told that the steering needed to be replaces and the power steering unit would flushing. I had experienced no steering problems with my car. The car less than 77000 miles. The is no evidence of oil leakage. Is this typical for replacing the steering rack at $1400?

- Plano, TX, USA

Feb 012010

Sienna

I bought a 2010 Toyota Sienna ce from southbay Toyota in gardena, ca at on January 24, 2010. After my wife drove it for a week, she found the car started to make "cracking" sound near the steering wheel area especially when the car is in reverse driving and moving the steering wheel slowly. I tested it and the abnormal sound repeated every time. I brought the car to southbay Toyota a week ago, they didn't identify the problem since the street is so noisy. My wife continued to drive the car and the "cracking noise" became larger and at the same time she felt the brake pushed her foot up. On March 1st, 2010, I sent the car to southbay Toyota again. This time they duplicated the problem and contacted Toyota and ordered a "intermediate steering shaft" and will replace it. I don't know this will solve the problem or not.

- Torrance, CA, USA