2.6

2010 Toyota Sienna wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Sienna:

2010 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Apr 202016

Sienna

2010 Sienna spare tire recall: My spare tire completely fell off my car when I was driving - not sure if it caused an accident or death behind my car. Took vehicle to the dealer and they applied the recall for the spare tire carrier, but they gave me my vehicle back without a spare tire. I have been driving for 2 weeks with 4 kids in my car without a spare tire. This is a serious safety issue, made worse by incompetent dealer personnel. I was told I would have to buy a new spare tire. After escalating the issue through the Toyota call center, they are now offering me a used spare tire as a replacement. Replacement spare tire should not be customer responsibility due to carrier failure, especially when it could have caused death behind my car. Recommend that NHTSA force Toyota to make spare tire replacement part of official recall or educate dealers on how to authorize immediate replacement.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Dec 202013

Sienna 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Sienna. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V273000 (wheels) however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 7/21/15

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Jun 052014

Sienna 6-cyl

I got a flat tire on I-95, used the spare wheel, now I am unable to get the spare wheel back up under my Toyota Sienna. The Toyota safety interim notice recall #E1S states "excessive corrosion may occur on the end of the spare tire carrier cable, " which is the case for my Sienna. I have called the Toyota customer experience center at 1-888-270-9371 and they keep on saying that Toyota has not yet come up with a remedy for this situation. I took my Sienna to the Toyota lustine dealership in woodbridge, va, but they were unable to fix the problem. My Sienna is a vanpool for six people commuting between woodbridge, Virginia and Washington, DC every day. I need to have my spare wheel properly in place. It has been over a half a year. Please help.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA