4.8

2013 Toyota Sienna fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Sienna:

2013 Toyota Sienna Owner Comments

Jun 132015

Sienna

I was stopped at a bank drive up window, with my foot on the brake and as I put the vehicle in park the engine surged up to about 6900 RPM. I have had this happen to me about 4 or 5 times that the engine has surged as I have stopped. I have taken the vehicle to Toyota repair and been told that the vehicle computer does not indicate that there is a problem. I have been able so far to maintain control the vehicle, but this has happened too many times for it not to be reported.

- Layton, UT, USA

Jun 092015

Sienna

My wife and I were going out of our 60 foot driveway. We were going forward as I always back into the driveway. I applied the accelerator a little to get the car to the end of the driveway. I applied the brake and held it down so I could look for traffic. As I held down on the brake, the engine started to "race" as if someone was pushing the accelerator to the floor. The brakes held. I turned off the motor, calmed down and restarted the engine- no motor "rush." Thank the lord this happened in our driveway. Had this happened on the highway, we could have killed someone or gotten killed ourselves. My first thought was of all those recalls because of unintended acceleration. My second thought was, "when will this happen again?"

- Waycross, GA, USA