7.1

2. replace the dash (2 reports)
2004 Toyota Solara accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Solara:

2004 Toyota Solara Owner Comments

Feb 012014

Solara

Same complaint as others. The car has been garaged and has a dash sun visor in place every day while at work. All of a sudden the dash cracked next to the glove compartment. (The car only has 58,000 miles on it!) I took it in and the dealer said it's my very expensive problem, about $1200 just for the part! The entire dash has to be replaced. I'm not paying it! No more Toyota's for this gal if Toyota doesn't change its policy not to fix it! This is obviously a manufacturer's defect!

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 102012

Solara LE 3.2L V6

I called the dealership and it costs $1400.00 for a new dash and that does not include labor. A dashboard cover has not been molded yet. And all of the repair kits on the market have failed to make it look right. I love this car but that cracked dash is driving me crazy. I cannot justify putting that kind of money into a cosmetic issue.Toyota should really stand behind this problem.

- , Dinwiddie, VA, USA

Apr 302012

Solara SLE 4 cyl

Cracks in dashboard in two places on passenger side. They are ugly and reduce the resale value of an otherwise beautiful car. There is one vertical crack about 3 inches long and one horizontal crack just above glove compartment running the entire length of glove compartment. After researching online, I see that many Toyota Solara, Sienna and Avalon owners are complaining of same problem with cracks in dashboard. It seems to be mainly the 2004 models, but same complaint with 2005, 2006, 2007 models.

Obviously, problem is in the vinyl material of dashboard and it seems to me that since I'm not seeing newer model owners complaining about this issue, possibly Toyota figured out the problem existed and changed suppliers or materials for dashboard. I feel like Toyota owes it to loyal Toyota owners to replace the cracked dashboards since it seems to be a trend in the '04 - '07 Solara, Sienna, Avalon. This is my 2nd Toyota - 1st was a brand new '95 Camry Coupe which I kept for 10 yrs and 120K miles and traded it in for the '04 Solara SLE which now has 112K miles. Mechanically, both cars have been great and the interior of the '95 Camry Coupe was in perfect shape when I traded it in for the '04 Solara.

- , Houston, Texas, USA

Jan 012012

Solara

This roadmap defect in Toyota's dashboards is showing up all over the internet for various model cars.....I've NEVER had a problem like this on a car, excellent condition and covered parking for vehicle. Could this affect the airbag as well? It's embarrassing, but disappointing if Toyota doesn't stand behind this defect.

- , Tierra Verde, FL, USA

Feb 082013

Solara LX 2.0L

We brought this vehicle for our daughter to travel back and forth to school. After buying the car, I noticed the dash had a large crack near the passenger airbag and I'm afraid it could affect its operation. I'm sure it's going to cost too much so it's going to stay like this for now.

- , Wilmington, NC, USA

May 142012

Solara SLE 3.3L V6

click to see larger images

cracking dashboard

I've attached a photo of some of the cracking, the dash is cracked like that in various locations on the dash. it is extremely annoying because I'm quite the perfectionist!

- , Terre Haute, IN, USA

Sep 202009

Solara LX V4

Toyota had my vote until my 3rd vehicle, the Toyota Solara 2004 was purchased. Problems with Tire light always coming on as well as the entire dashboard being ruined (cracked spiderwebs everwhere including an intricate pattern traveling perfectly from one side of the car to the other side of the steering wheel. Its just quite embarassing. To keep customers, problems as this should be fixed! I will NEVER buy another Toyota...period!

- , Pensacola, FL, USA