9.3

2004 Toyota Solara engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Solara:

2004 Toyota Solara Owner Comments

Jan 012016

Solara SE 2.4L

My 2004 Solara 2.4L engine started having burning problems at around 120,000 miles in early 2016. I didn't realized it till the check oil light came on. It's gradually getting worse, I just had an oil changed with less than 1000 miles and I had to refill it. I'm hoping one day Toyota would do the right thing and recall any of their engine that has the same issue. I had just replaced almost all the suspension system on this vehicle hoping that I could keep it for a long time. 120,000 is nothing for vehicles, Just last week my engine light came one,

had it checked and it was catalytic converter low efficiency. I think it's due to burning oil.

- , Pinellas Park, US

Nov 012014

Solara

seems as if it is good right after an oil change but about a 1000 miles into the oil change you have to check your oil everyday unless you want to replace your engine.

- , Wing, AL, USA

Dec 012013

Solara SE 2.4L I4

I bought my 04 Solara used with close to 70k miles. After about 85k miles my low oil light started appearing. I noticed that around 1500 miles after an oil change my oil would be almost completely empty. I saw that the Camry has similar problems and is covered under warranty but my car is not and I am no longer under warranty anymore anyhow.

I did start doing a Lucas treatment after every oil change and can now make it close to 3000 miles without having to refill too much on oil. This is costing me about 15$ more every oil change. This appears to be an issue with many Toyota vehicles but Toyota is not taking responsibility for fixing this for everyone, only cars under warranty and only specific years. I am very tedious about maintenance and am a car lover who takes very good care of his vehicle.

- , Bronx, NY, USA