2004 Toyota Solara engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Solara:

2004 Toyota Solara Owner Comments

Nov 012014

seems as if it is good right after an oil change but about a 1000 miles into the oil change you have to check your oil everyday unless you want to replace your engine.

- , Wing, AL, USA

Dec 012013

Solara SE 2.4L I4

I bought my 04 Solara used with close to 70k miles. After about 85k miles my low oil light started appearing. I noticed that around 1500 miles after an oil change my oil would be almost completely empty. I saw that the Camry has similar problems and is covered under warranty but my car is not and I am no longer under warranty anymore anyhow.

I did start doing a Lucas treatment after every oil change and can now make it close to 3000 miles without having to refill too much on oil. This is costing me about 15$ more every oil change. This appears to be an issue with many Toyota vehicles but Toyota is not taking responsibility for fixing this for everyone, only cars under warranty and only specific years. I am very tedious about maintenance and am a car lover who takes very good care of his vehicle.

- , Bronx, NY, USA