1998 Toyota Tacoma fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Toyota Tacoma:

1998 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Oct 142010

I have a 1998 Toyota Tacoma pickup. Today October 14, 2010 I was driving on a surface street and my gas pedal dropped to the floor as I was driving. The engine revved up to extremely high RPM's. I tried to stop, but my new brakes were barely able to slow me down. I had to put the engine into neutral and park the truck. A friend and I looked the engine over and we found that there was about two inches of play in the accelerator cable were the cable meets the engine. Which would explain why I was having such poor performance problems with the engine. Is this covered by any recalls? thank you

- Oakland, CA, USA