8.0

1. replace brakes (1 reports)
2001 Toyota Tacoma brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Tacoma:

2001 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Nov 242008

Tacoma 2.4L Dohc

My brake pedal was low and the handbrake lever would pull out to the stops with no parking brake- (truck would roll with handbrake fully out). I asked for brake adjustment at several services between 10,000 and 28,000 miles, and was told by my dealer (Frank Toyota in Chula Vista, Ca) they were fine. The brakes went metal-to-metal at 28.000 miles. It cost almost $800.00 to replace the pads and rotors, and adjust the rear brakes. I now have just over 40,000 miles on the truck, and my front brakes are due for replacement again, at a cost to turn rotors, replace pads, adjust rear brakes, and repair or adjust the brake proportioning valve (sensor?) of $550.00, as quoted by my service adviser, Patrick Kelly. Question: Why wasn't the proportioning valve checked during the previous repair, and why, since I complained about this when the truck was still in warranty, wasn't it addressed then?

- , San Diego, CA, USA