2001 Toyota Tacoma engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Tacoma:

2001 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jan 082013

Tacoma Tacoma 4x4 V6

When I put it in gear it kills after it kills I hear a ticking sound the ticking sounds make my engine flood out and at high rpms it starts missing. I don't know what's wrong, it just started that not long ago. If anyone knows what wrong with it please let me no so I can get it fixed

- , Port Barre, LA, USA

Feb 102009

Tacoma 3.4

In Feb 2009 the check engine light came on, I scanned the truck and got P0171 system too lean. I cleaned the mass airflow sensor and the light went off for a few days in the beginning when I would start it. Some people say change the O2 sensors, but I'm still getting pre check engine light gas mileage, which is good. I've had seen that gas mileage goes down when the O2 sensors are bad. (had an 88 taurus that did that)

truck still drives fine so until something else happens, I'm rollin' with the light on.

- , palm harbor, FL, USA