2002 Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tacoma:

2002 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Nov 122013

Tacoma SR 4.2L

Bought a used 2002 tacoma in 12/2010. Had a recall on the tire holder and when it was in for the recall the dealer told me the frame was completely rotted and I shouldn't drive it. I drove it home and called toyota to find out about any recall. They said I missed the frame spray by one month (prior to my purchase) and was old of luck (the guy named Kevin was very nice on the phone-but in the end could not help me). So i'm out of the 10K I spent for the truck several years ago, it's the beginning of winter. I used to love toyota I had a 1996 that was a gem of a truck until the frame rusted out on that as well and Toyota bought it from me. I'm a teacher so when students see my toyota is gone I will tell them never buy a toyota. Toyota is not a good company and have lost their way as far as quality and customer service. I figure in my career as a teacher I'll reach some 10,000 students so I can warn them about buying a Toyota.

- , concord, NH, USA

Nov 012011

My truck will not pass inspection due to the frame. Toyota says their offer for extended warrenty expired in 2011. Toyota referred me to the dealer in 2011 which threatened to take my truck. (See below) I could not afford to have a dealer swindlel me into a new car payment due to unemployment in 2011. I paid cash for the truck when I bought it. In 2011 Toyota said they would pay 1.5 times blue book, but they marked down the blue book value during the recall.

6/18/2010 Hello Ron, I recieved your email, and yes it is in your best interest to turn your vehicle back in here. It doesn't hurt, or help our dealership, but a voluntary surrender of your vehicle is better than having a repossesion on your file. Let me know if there is anyway we can help. Thanks again, Greg Oldaker - Business Development Manager

Response (Anita Mouton)

06/26/2012 09:36 AM

Thank you for getting back to us with the requested information, Mr. Rector.

We have forwarded your concerns to our Case Management Department for further assistance. A Case Manager will be in touch with you by the end of business Wednesday June 27, 2012.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #1206252461.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email by using the following link,, or by calling 800-331-4331. We are available from 5 AM to 6 PM, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday and from 7 AM to 4 PM on Saturday. Sincerely, Anita Mouton Toyota Customer Experience

- , Weirton, WV, USA