2002 Toyota Tacoma brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tacoma:

2002 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Aug 052003

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

My 2002 Tacoma vibrates at high speeds and when stopping. I've had the brakes fixed 5 times now and it's still not right. My transmission clunks when I stop and start, shutters when coming to a stop, and shifts hard. Sometimes the transmission clunks after I've already started moving. The problems started about a year ago. I've recently been to two dealerships before the warranty expired and nothing was done. One Toyota technician said it was my brakes, yeah right, the other wouldn't even take it for a test drive. I think the problem is caused by my transmission sliding back and forth, which I don't think it's supposed to do. Whenever I stomp on the gas to pass someone it shifts into the wrong gear and the engine red lines. My dash squeaks, so I have to wedge my wallet in between the windshield and dash to stop it. My driver's side door doesn't shut flush with the body. Last but not least, I had to replace my oxygen sensor. I would like to sell my truck, but can't with all the problems. This was my first Toyota and will probably be my last.

- Decatur, GA, USA