2003 Toyota Tacoma transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Tacoma:

2003 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Feb 152006

The clutch on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma became jammed while trying to shift in the middle of an intersection. The bushing where the clutch pivots dislodged and jammed the clutch so it was unable to be depressed. A car was coming straight into the side of my vehicle when I stomped on the clutch as hard as I could, breaking the bushing and letting the clutch depress. If I had not acted quickly it could have been a fatal accident. This was on a highway intersection. I took it in to Toyota and they did not tell me the bushing had broke and was missing they just put grease on it so it would stop squeaking. I just found out this year at Toyota that the bushing had exploded and fallen out and now the warranty has expired. I am more concerned about someone else being stuck in a situation and not being able to get their vehicle in gear.

- Columbus, OH, USA