1. replace spare wheel (1 reports)
2004 Toyota Tacoma accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Tacoma:

2004 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Feb 082014

Tacoma 2.4L V4

When my truck was serviced yesterday they noted that there was no spare wheel, the dealership said that it was probably stolen and you could see where the retainer's wire had been cut.

Looking online for a replacement this morning I read about the recall and went and checked my truck. There was a recall 12/2012 which I don't think was done. You can NOT see that the wire was cut, you can't see the wire at all - it has likely corroded through inside the mechanism and snapped, losing my wheel. I do not recall any remedial work being done on my truck relating to this recall.

Now that I think about it I recall driving on the freeway and hearing a very loud thud below and/or behind me. With hindsight I think that this was when I lost my spare wheel, but I didn't see anything in my mirrors and couldn't see anything untoward on the road behind me - I hope that nobody was harmed!

- , Schaumburg, IL, USA