2004 Toyota Tacoma engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Tacoma:

2004 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

May 302005

Tacoma 4-cyl

I purchased my Tacoma in 2004 with 6000 miles on it. Every since I bought it, it has been extremely high on gas, only getting between 240-260 miles on a tank. I have taken it to the Toyota dealer and they could not find out what was wrong with it. It feels as if it has a skip in it. I now have 20,789 miles on it and when I took it to the dealer they recommended a fuel injection flush so I had that done but it still feels as though it still has a skip. This is only a 4 cylinder motor shouldn't I be getting better gas mileage?

- Ozark, AL, USA