2005 Toyota Tacoma brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Tacoma:

2005 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Feb 162008

Tacoma 6-cyl

After reading a news article about unintended acceleration in 2005 -07 Tacoma pickups, I was reminded of an incident I had a few months back. Indeed my Tacoma surged when I hit the brake. When this happened, I realized my foot was on both the brake and the accelerator. I had to pick up my foot and re-apply the brake. There was no malfunction on the car's part, but the pedals are positioned too close, and at the same distance from the floorboard, which makes it much too easy to press them at the same time. This should indeed be reminded, for it is a real problem. It is easy a the driver to assume that they are only pressing the brake because the brake pedal requires more pressure than the accelerator. I could hardly feel the accelerator pedal under the right side of my foot while I pressed on the brake, but I was depressing both at the same time.

- Livonia, MI, USA