2005 Toyota Tacoma drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Tacoma:

2005 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Aug 012010

This is the 3rd or 4th time my rear end in my 2005 Toyota Tacoma has blown. Everytime I have a problem with Toyota and it reaches three complaints or repairs they deny the claim so it doesn't go against their incidents for recalls. The last rear end went in approx 4000 miles ago from rohrich Toyota. Someone really should investigate the practices that Toyota and their dealerships have. I have 77000 miles and an extender warranty 10 year 100000 warranty the oem just ran out but I'm still within my mileage and age.

- Carnegie, PA, USA

Jan 182006

I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma trd 4X4 they have replaced my front wheel bearings 6 times know my front diff, the transmission once and my rear end.

- Frazier Park, CA, USA