2005 Toyota Tacoma lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Tacoma:

2005 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Mar 112016

I bought a Tacoma 3 months after Toyota warranty enhancement program (ztz) no pol 14-03 date 06/25/14 primary coverage ended on Nov. 30 2015. The day time running lights have burn, and cracked, the inside lens, inside the headlight unit. I had them looked at, and pictures were taken of both burned headlights. They sent the info to servco Hawaii 1-888-272-5515 and 3 weeks later on 03/11/2016 was told they denied me for the free replacement. I had talked to the guy I had gotten the truck from and he said he had never gotten a letter from Toyota, for the light problem or he would have gotten the free replacement done. I disappointed with Toyota not fixing this safety problem, as I feel if it can burn and crack the plastic lends I hope it can not start a fire. Also the distorted view the oncoming cars see. I have talked to others that stated they to never gotten notice of this headlight problem and they to have the day time running lights that are the cause of the problem. I have a feeling the letters were not sent to a lot of the people, that it should have sent to. I'm curious as to the number they did fix, compared to how many trucks with day time running lights are out there, that were not fixed that should be fixed.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jan 022013

Tacoma 6-cyl

2005 Toyota Tacoma. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle headlights. The consumer stated the plastic covers that covered the headlights had turned yellow. The consumer stated the covers should have been made out of glass, instead of plastic.

- Palos Verdes Estates, CA, USA