2006 Toyota Tacoma accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Tacoma:

2006 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Dec 192007

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

On all 2005 and 2006 Toyota Tacoma the fourwheel drive selector switch does not light up and is very difficult to find when driving at night. I needed to put the truck into fourwheel drive and had to feel around the dashboard for a few seconds before I could get it into fourwheel drive. I feel that this is a safety issue that could result in an accident and someone getting hurt because they can't get into fourwheel drive in a hurry if they need to. I contacted my local Toyota dealer but they said there was nothing they could do. I also contacted Toyota headquarters and told them about the problem but I don't think they will do anything based on their response. All other Toyota fourwheel drive models have fourwheel drive switches that do light up. All Tacoma models from atleast 2001 to 2004 have switches that light up. I don't know if they changed the switch on the 2007 or 2008 Tacoma. This is a very popular truck and there are thousands of them on the road. I am not the only person who is not happy about this. There are a number Tacoma forums on the internet where people are complaing about this problem.

- Gansevoort, NY, USA