2006 Toyota Tacoma brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Tacoma:

2006 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Apr 162008

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

In January 2007 I purchased a new 2006 Toyota Tacoma. Since this time I have noticed on multiple occasions that when I am sitting at a stop, the truck lunges forward. I have never experienced this sensation with other vehicles I have owned or driven, but thought that maybe I was taking my foot off the brake pedal enough to allow the truck to move forward. My wife, who rarely drives the truck; however, has experienced the same issue. Because it has happened enough, I know enough not to get too close to a car in front of me when I am sitting at a light or stop sign. That being said, I just read an article in a newspaper that stated that there are other 2006 Tacoma drivers that have experienced similar situations, some of which may have led to crashes. For that reason, I have decided to report my situation as well.

- Lexington Park, MD, USA