2007 Toyota Tacoma accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Tacoma:

2007 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Feb 262010

Tacoma

I have a Toyota on recall for floor mats. I did not have the Toyota floor mats, not provided when purchased. On 2/12/10 40K maintenance was done on my vehicle I expressed concern about the accelerate / brake issue that Toyota was having said my vehicle was not on the recall list. I asked the adviser if the mechanic would please check the accelerator & brakes while performing the maintenance check, he stated he that it would be done with the inspection. Upon receiving my Toyota from the service adviser, I again asked if it had been done. He stated that my Toyota was in perfect condition. Prior to the accident, I did not notice any problem with either the accelerator or braking system. On the morning of 2/26/10 approximately 10:15 - 10:30 I was taking my child to school. I parked my Toyota in a car space and took her to class. I returned to my vehicle to drive home. I was wearing my seat belt. I stepped on the brake, started the truck, shifted to reverse and gentle tapped the accelerator. The truck accelerated out of control at least 53 ft backwards into a tree. I tried to stop the vehicle with the brakes but the didn't work. I remember glancing forward for a split second to make sure my foot was completely on the brake pedal and applying additional pressure turning back around and then the back of my truck hit the tree. Per police there was a 53 ft skid mark from one of my tires. Tires were still spinning per witnesses after car hit the tree. I turned off the truck. At that point the fire & ambulance arrived and shortly after that the police. Police report. I do not know the exact speed I was traveling. I do not know the exact mileage on the truck.

- Safety Harbor, FL, USA