2007 Toyota Tacoma body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Tacoma:

2007 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

May 212015

Tacoma

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V604000 (suspension); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact also stated that there was excessive rust on the entire subframe. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

May 272014

Tacoma 4WD 4-cyl

The frame is rapidly rusting through. This vehicle: A) was purchase new by me in 2006, B) is stored in a fully enclosed garage, C) is not used for commercial purposes, D) my home is in westchester county, NY (immediately North of New York city and not a hostile vehicle environment) and E) the truck has very low mileage - 31,000 mi. The frame has rusted entirely through in two places and shows extensive rust throughout, including at points joining the frame to the chassis. Updated 09/04/14

- Bedford Hills, NY, USA

Jan 312007

Tacoma

Toyota 2007 Tacoma. Nice new, the truck has been very unforgiving, ,,the brake pedal and accelerator pedal are placed so close together, that its not a question of could, , but answer is yes.. its happened to me, sister borrowed it, and I warned about the problem, she still ran into the rear of another vehicle..the truck is dangerous..im used to it, but still if I have boots on, I have trouble.. the pedals are so close, and nearly the same height..I cant believe this very dangerous design hasn't been identified and repaired. I dare not loan my truck to anyone, because of past experience.. its just not safe!!! I shouldn't have to change the original design, but, to make it safe I might have too.. come on Toyota, ,this is a problem.. lets fix it..

- Batesville, AR, USA

Jan 282010

Tacoma

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. While traveling at speeds of 70 mph and traveling over a pothole, the spare tire fractured from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the contact was advised the cable that held the tire to the vehicle had rusted and separated. The cable was replaced by the mechanic. The failure mileage was 41,000 and the current mileage was 44,000.

- Macomb, IL, USA

Jan 122010

Tacoma

I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma which has rust perforation on main body frame in two areas. The dealership and Toyota representative stated it is not bad enough. One assistant manager stated my frame does have perforation.

- St Augustine, FL, USA

Jul 202008

Tacoma

Truck frame has extensive rust and it's just a 2007 model. I have had it at the Toyota dealership more than once and they said they would not undercoat the truck unless the state of Tennessee makes them do it. I was told at time of purchasing the truck that undercoating was not necessary because the frame is electrostatic charged to resist rust. The dealership said they would get an independent third party to look at the truck but they never have. The people I buy tires from have told me that the truck is badly rusted on the frame---something they don't see on a vehicle so new. Also, the truck is not driven much---I have another vehicle I drive to work----so the rust issue is not due to bad weather driving conditions. After all the recent news stories about Toyota products, it appears they have a quality issue and no effective means of dealing with the problems until something tragic happens.

- Coeburn, VA, USA