2007 Toyota Tacoma drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Tacoma:

2007 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 122010

Tacoma

Unexpected acceleration incident at approx 12:30 pm, Friday, 12 mary 2010 in Virginia beach va. Road dry, traction good. Speed limit 35 but I had begun slowing (coasting) in anticipation of red light as I approached an intersection. When light changed to red began to brake and experienced rapid pulsing of the brake system (somewhat similar to operation of anti-lock brakes on icy roads) at about 2nd or 3rd pulse, engine RPM increased rapidly from approx 1200 RPM to 4000 RPM plus. Cut the ignition and brought vehicle to a safe stop. Interval to car ahead had opened as I slowed prior to braking so was able to stop without collision, but would have rear-ended car ahead if I had been an normal interval when this incident occurred.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 152008

Tacoma

I pulled out of my parking space, put the vehicle in drive, mashed the gas to go forward and the gas pedal stuck wide open. I floored the brakes to no avail. The RPM's buried below the red line. I was screaming and crying. I pushed the gear shifter out of drive through neutral to reverse and park. The transmission grinded. I was scared to death.

- Waynesville, GA, USA

Aug 152009

Tacoma

After pulling into a parking spot, prior to changing the gear from drive to park, the engine revved up violently on it's own. My foot was no longer on the accelerator. Luckily, I was able to apply hard and fast pressure to the brake pedal as soon as the engine roared, and put the truck in park before lurching into the brick wall in front of me. I turned the truck off, and restarted it. It started normally, and I had no more problems with it. This happened in the summer of 2009, and hasn't happened since. I marked it up as being some strange eletro-mechanical anomoly, but after receiving Toyota's ridiculous 'floor-mat' explanation and hearing how wide-spread this problem was, I wanted to go on record that the 2007 Toyota Tacoma suffers from the same unexplained safety hazard as the vehicles listed in the January 2010 Toyota recall. It would have been bad enough hitting that wall, but someone could have been walking in front of me. This is not a good thing.

- Middletown, NJ, USA

Jan 032008

Tacoma

2007 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck engine surges in uncontrolled manner as accelerator pedal is released. More pronounced and frequent in hot weather conditions. Ignition key must be turned off to prevent crash. Toyota dealer service can't find the cause. Last uncontrolled engine surge happened July 9, 2008.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Nov 062006

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. While driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle would vibrate excessively. While idling, the vehicle would dramatically jerk forward. The failures grew progressively worse when the brakes were applied. The dealer stated that nothing was wrong with the vehicle; however, they replaced three tires. Immediately after the repair, the failure recurred and the vehicle stalled and then restarted immediately. He took the vehicle to a different dealer, but they would not perform an inspection. He filed a formal complaint with the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 1,200 and current mileage was 15,631.

- Greeneville, TN, USA

Aug 162007

Tacoma 6-cyl

I purchased my truck from Toyota of waldorf on July 19, 2007. On the way home from the dealer I noted a severe wind whistle at approximately 60 mph and above. At this time the truck had 800 miles on it. The following day, August 16, 2007, while driving the truck I stopped for a red traffic signal. While stopped at the signal the truck remained in drive. When the light turned green, I accelerated and the vehicle momentarily acted as if it was in neutral slamming into gear and lurching forward. Thereafter, the problem repeated itself the entire trip home. The vehicle also was shifting erratically. I also noted after the incident, having set the odometer to zero the last time I filled the tank with gas, that I was getting approximately 9 miles to the gallon in mostly highway driving. The truck also has never seemed to track the road easily. I reported all of the above problems to the dealers (waldorf Toyota) service departments representatives mary prichett and jim clemens. They had the truck towed to their facility, waldorf Toyota for repair. I believe it was August 20, 2007 that I notified Toyota in California. Nicole of Toyota's customer experience center assigned me case number 200708201412. The following day I was contacted by my Toyota assigned case manager kevin spillane. As I understand it, from mike pavin, the service manager, waldorf Toyota's is trying to repair the vehicle. Additionally I was informed August 21, 2007 by mike pavin that a new transmission was being installed in the truck. The new transmission was installed and tested and I was informed Aug. 24, 2007 by the service manager that they are still getting the trouble code and still have no fix for the problem. This is a major safety issue. I believe that someone is going to be killed unless the federal government makes Toyota own up and fix this problem. I O be killed because this some ei repairs are continuing. I still do not have my truck back.

- Huntingtown, MD, USA

Jul 052007

Tacoma 6-cyl

Truck lurches forward when A/C conpressor engages while stopped. It is so severe that the truck moves forward and creates a potential risk for an accident

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

Nov 012006

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

2007 Toyota Tacoma double cab offroad 4X4. Vehicle surges (RPM increases 200-300 RPM)when in gear at a stop. Doesn't matter if ac is on or off. This has caused numerous near accidents with vehicles in front of me, my garage door and the work bench in my garage. Vehicle idles extremely fast (1500 RPM) when cold which is dangerous on slippery roads and has caused me to slide through stop signs. Vehicle idles rough, doesn't matter if ac is on or off. Vehicle has a harsh stutter shift between 1st and 2nd. Vehicle has a very noticeable vibration at speeds between 15 and 25 mph. This vibration occurs when accelerating, driving at a constant speed or decelerating. The vibration occurs whether braking or not. The vehicle feels like it is engine braking when letting up on the accelerator. This is most noticeable at speeds 40 mph or slower. It is a safety hazard on icy roads. All these problems began after the vehicle had 500 miles on it. The dealer was made aware of these issues and test drove the vehicle. The dealer said they could not detect any of the problems. Also, the original equipment tires are terrible in snow.

- Burnsville, MN, USA