2007 Toyota Tacoma seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Tacoma:

2007 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Sep 012012

2007 Toyota Tacoma. Consumer writes in regards to 5 recalls on vehicle the consumer stated over the last five years there were approximately five recalls on the vehicle and the dealer refused to remedy them, which made the vehicle almost worthless.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

May 082011

No significant events occurred. Air bag light on 2007 Toyota Tacoma came on briefly after start up, turned off as usual, then came back on and would not go off. Took to dealership; they say this is a spiral cable issue - cost to fix is $400. Truck has approximately 77000 miles on it; have never had airbag issues with any vehicle in my life!

- Ironton, MO, USA

Oct 092010

Normal freeway driving, with only 61,000 miles on 2007 Toyota Tacoma, when airbag warning light came on, advising to see "dealer immediately". dealer "found system code B 1801 open D squib intermittent open spiral cable wiring. Was able to clear light but system code will return. Replace spiral cable declined. Parts and labor $432.45 plus tax." Currently, seeking affordable ways to have it repaired.

- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA

Dec 052009

2007 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 ext cab pickup. On 12/5/09 I hit an icy patch and went off road and hit a tree. Traveling approx 40 mph. No airbags deployed. Hit the tree in the exact center of the hood of truck. Vehicle was a total loss. Subsequent inquiries to Toyota have resulted in two explanations for non-deployment. A) airbags are designed to go off on rapid deceleration (I told them I hit a tree) B) airbags are designed to go off when the engine breaches the firewall and enters the cab (I told them if the engine was coming into the cab, I would be screwed) they sent me a NHTSA airbag brochure that pretty much told me what I already know about airbags and totally contradicted what they told me about airbags. I know there was a recall of 05 & 06 mechanisms. Maybe I got an early 07 that used one. I don't know. I am not buying a Toyota anymore.

- South Haven, MI, USA

Jun 222008

Accelerator seemed to stick under normal driving conditions... engine revs would not go to normal idle even in neutral... brakes would not stop the vehicle at the high revs... only solution was to put the car in neutral and shut the engine off... after working the gas pedal while in park, the engine idle speed went back to normal...

- Orlando, FL, USA