7.6

2009 Toyota Tacoma accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Tacoma:

2009 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Feb 192010

Tacoma

The radio/MP3 player on my 2008 Toyota Tacoma randomly shuts off. It would randomly come back on after a few minutes or sometime 20-30 minutes later.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 152009

Tacoma

Radio in my 2009 Toyota has turned itself off three seperate times without explanation. Vehicle has 10K miles on it.

- Newark, CA, USA

Dec 152008

Tacoma

The radio on my 2009 Toyota Tacoma access cab 4 cyl pick up randomly turns off and back on. It also randomly changes channel frequency from set position, and the lcd display screen is filled with unreadable characters.I was told by the dealership that this has been a problem on all Toyota models and Toyota does not have any fix as of yet. I wanted them to install a new unit and the dealership refused, stating that all of the radios were defective and I would just be installing another defective unit. They advised me to call them back 4 weeks later to see if Toyota had a fix yet. It has been 3 months now and no fix.

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

May 232009

Tacoma

My husband and I purchase a Toyota Tacoma double cab 4X4 2009, on Friday May 22, 2009, and we are having problems with the transmission and the radio. When we are slowing down to turn on a curve and when we depress the accelerator the transmission downshifts into what appears to be the 1st gear. The engine will race up to a higher rmp as the car suddenly slows down. This is definitely a safety hazard. This possess a possibility of an accident as our vehicle now slows down quickly as we are coming out of the curve, light intersection or entering into an intersection. This has been occurring since we purchased both vehicle. We took it to the dealer to be checked, but cannot see anything wrong with it. They told me they can't do anything to correct the issue.(Toyota of St. Croix, us virgin islands). Radio has been ordered because in both vehicles the radio doesn't work. It shuts off, and in the other one when you accelerate (gas pedal) the volume goes down and sometimes up. What can you do to assist us. Thank you.

- Kingshill, VI, USA