3.0

2009 Toyota Tacoma miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Tacoma:

2009 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jan 012013

Tacoma

Frame has a lot of rust, which can be a safety hazard if it breaks. Dealer and Toyota states that there is no active recalls.

- New Cumberland, WV, USA

Feb 172016

Tacoma

I purchased my 2009 Tacoma in Aug of 2015. I tried to contact www.Toyota.com/recall to check on any recalls that my have effected my truck. I tried more than a dozen times to sign up, but when I inputed my VIN#, the site would only show a spinning ball. I tried to call the phone number listed and it was always busy. After several months I stopped trying until recently this year (2016). I see now that they have updated the site and I can now see my VIN#. this is greatly disturbing because the recall which would have effected my truck had a sunset date of Nov. 30, 2015. I have filed a complaint about faulty headlight assembly.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Oct 142014

Tacoma

This vehicle is 7 years old and 2 years ago the readout screen for the compass and temperature gauge failed!! I took it to the shop and they said Toyota has had problems with the chip boards. Why hasn't this been recalled! I spent a whole lot of money to have a vehicle with these features and now it's not functioning! makes me mad!! get this component under recall, it's really expensive to replace! I would have filed a complaint sooner but didn't know about this site.

- Peyton, CO, USA

Sep 302015

Tacoma

My keys keep falling out of the key socket... while driving on streets.. has gone on for 2-3 years now... also have, many times, taken the key out after parking it and not noticed that vehicle still running... the last time both problems occurred was yesterday.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Jul 222014

Tacoma

Rear leaf spring recall - received safety recall interim notice Sept. 2014 advising of defective rear leaf spring. Contacted dealership numerous times for repair, and advised continually Toyota has not yet designed or created a fix for the problem. As of July 28, 2015 dealership still does not have replacement part for the defective rear leaf spring. I have advised dealership multiple times that the vehicle when stopped and brake applied, vehicle abruptly without warning jolts forward on its own and makes a loud clunk immediately afterwards. Feels as if the vehicle has been hit from behind from another vehicle, when in fact it has not. Dealership confirmed that the issues explained above are definitely related to the faulty rear leaf spring, but has no answers or any remedy of problem. I was also advised by dealership that rear leaf spring may cause brakes to fail or fuel tank to be punctured and cause fire. This is definitely not safe, and we are concerned for our safety! please intervene!

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Sep 022013

Tacoma 6-cyl

Both left and right dtrl lenses are melted from heat from the bulb, I am worried about an electrical short, or fire. Dealer says it is cosmetic and does not want to replace headlight assemblies since vehicle is out of warranty. I believe this is a safety issue that Toyota motor company should address with urgency.

- Lake City, AR, USA

Jan 032011

Tacoma 4-cyl

2009 Toyota Tacoma. Consumer states that he received an undated recall notice. He would like to know how NHTSA could approve them to send out an undated recall notice.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Mar 042010

Tacoma 4-cyl

2009 Toyota Tacoma recall. The consumer stated Toyota's solution was to attach the floor mat permanently and that the only way it could be removed would be cutting it out. The consumer stated that was not a solution in any way shape or form and was not acceptable. Such a solution would require the owner to replace the floor mats on a regular basis as they could not be cleaned when permanently attached. The proper way to solve the problem would be to remove all the floor mats and carpet, install a single floor covering that would be permanently attach to the entire floor of the cab. In the area of the accelerator pedal there could be no irregularities that would catch and hold the depressed pedal.

- Havertown, PA, USA