8.4

2011 Toyota Tacoma engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Tacoma:

2011 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Tacoma

2011 Toyota Tacoma experiences spark knock (detonation). Same symtoms as in T-sb-0044-14. Also, the 2011 engine is the same engine that is in the 2012 vehicle covered by T-sb-0044-14. So why is the 2011 model not covered by T-sb-0044-14? I purchased the vehicle through the certified used vehicle program at the local dealer in January 2014.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 032012

Tacoma 6-cyl

The vehicle's engine makes a strong gurgling sound, loses power and runs sluggish at times. Toyota claims that the vehicle is running the way it was designed. I have taken the vehicle back to the dealership to have it fixed, but they claim that the computer is unable to find any defects, therefore they claim there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. I have requested a Toyota engineer to inspect my vehicle but it has been two years later, and I still haven't heard from Toyota. They also claim that the vehicle was already inspected by a specialist (engineer), but it's a lie, I have zero documentation stating so. Please help me.

- Panorama City, CA, USA