2.8

2011 Toyota Tacoma miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Tacoma:

2011 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jun 042015

Tacoma

Toyota has a recall on 2005 to 2011 Tacoma's for rear leaf springs rusting out and breaking. When I checked with them they said my VIN number was not part of the recall. How can that be. I have a 2011 Tacoma and my rear leaf springs are rusted and now have broken. Only 51000 miles on the truck. What does my VIN number have to do with what the actual problem is. They have stated that these vehicles have a problem with rust and breakage of rear leaf springs that could cause the broken piece of spring hitting the gas tank. I feel because my truck is in the date specified it should be covered. Someone please help me here.

- Winooski, VT, USA