2012 Toyota Tacoma electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Tacoma:

2012 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

May 312016

Tacoma

The secondary air injection systems seems to fail quite frequently on these 2012 Tacoma with little to no help from Toyota to take care of this issue as a recall. These are known to fail right after your out of warranty and to charge it's loyal customers over $1000 for a part that should not fail or a part that should be covered is absurd. I have been a loyal Toyota customer my whole life but the issues of the Tacoma are making me rethink my decisions as an automotive consumer

- Arlington, TX, USA

Aug 012012

Tacoma

Fuel system can be heard hours after the truck is parked, few times a week and sometimes daily.and runs 2 to 15 minutes. Contacted dealer and says it normal for fuel evap to do a system check. Ongoing started before 3000 miles

- Jenkinsburg, GA, USA

May 122015

Tacoma

Dealer has determined that rodents are thru the wiring for the knock sensor. Cel & trac lights came on. Engine went into limp mode. Has been at the dealer now for one week. Probably be another week before I get it back.

- Camillus, NY, USA

Feb 172015

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

Driving my Toyota Tacoma, I was approaching a steep decline. I tapped on the brakes and continued driving at approximately 27 mph when I down shifted to accommodate for the snowy road. As I was down shifting the truck lost control and slid sideways causing the front passenger side to hit a snow bank. Once the truck struck the snow bank it flipped over on its driver side. The side air bags on both sides came out but did not inflate. The driver side bags were torn. I found evidence of this with shredded pieces of the air bag found in the vehicle. Additionally the driver side front air bags never deployed..updated 03-02/15.....updated 03-11-15

- Adams, MA, USA