7.8

2012 Toyota Tacoma suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Tacoma:

2012 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Apr 112013

Tacoma 4-cyl

I was approaching a stoplight at a downward angle and while applying the brake the vehicle began to shake violently. I was going approx. 15pmh when it started and it didn't stop shaking until I got down to about 5 miles per hour. I took it to the dealership that day and explained the problem to them. They got the vehicle to reproduce the vibrations and I have paperwork stating this. It has been a full year later and they haven't repaired it yet. They continually tell me parts are being designed. Just wait. That's all they keep saying. I found out that they made a fix for the V6 model within 7 months, but they didn't have enough complaints against the 4 cylinder model to warrant redesigning parts. I was told this by the service tech at the dealership.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Mar 162012

Tacoma 6-cyl

Steering wheel shakes at highway speed, Toyota escondido has been able to duplicate's problem. Wheels have been rotated and balanced and problem still persist, vehicle is now at 9100 miles and I plan having dealer look at issue again, but I'm concerned this could lead to a more serious issue that could affect the safety of the vehicle.I have researched forums and found numerous complaints regarding this issue that seems to plague the Tacoma line.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Sep 272012

Tacoma

My 2012 Toyota Tacoma trd off-road does not meet maximum payload capacity. Vehicle starts to bottom out at 30% of it's maximum capacity either when towing or carrying cargo. Ride on the vehicle is very harsh when loaded. Took it to the dealer and they say that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. This problem is identical to previous year models 2005-2011 when the vehicle experienced a harsh ride when loaded with any cargo in the back (I.e. tsb# SU006-07). There are hundreds of complaints regarding this issue online and several dozen reports being addressed to Toyota and the current service bulletin has not been applied to this year model.

- Brownville, TX, USA

Apr 012012

Tacoma

My 2012 Toyota Tacoma trd off road does not meet its payload capacity. It has a limit of 1240 lbs and routinely bottoms out with 300-500 lbs in the bed of the truck. Toyota knows about the issue has issued tsbs on the leaf springs but refuses to solve the issue on the new 2012 trucks.

- Elmhurst Twp, PA, USA

Feb 032012

Tacoma

At 300 miles I noticed upon downshifting ( I believe 3-2 or 2-1) a rumblestrip vibration feeling. I took the truck to the dealer and they said it was normal. It still occurs everytime I downshift (sometimes stronger feeling then other times) I researched previous years with the same complaint.. it cant be healthy for the transmission clutches. I now have 1300 miles...still happening...any thoughts?

- Williamstown, NJ, USA