2013 Toyota Tacoma electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Tacoma:

2013 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jan 082016

My horn stopped working and when I took my truck to the dealer he said that it was the clock spring cable inside of the steering wheel. The service agent daniel arviza at North bakersfield Toyota in bakersfield California advised me that if I didn't get it fixed that the airbag could fail to deploy in the case of an accident. This seems like a important part of the truck to fail after only 3 years. I bought the truck new from the dealership and the warranty has expired. It's going to cost almost 500 dollars, but because it is a safety issue I have no choice but to have the part replaced.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Dec 182015

We hit black ice and spun flipped into a ditch onto the passenger side of the truck airbag deployed on the passenger side the airbag caught on fire catching the whole truck on fire.

- Commodore, PA, USA

Aug 192015

The horn ceased to work in the straight ahead position of the steering wheel. Toyota charged me $530 to replace the spiral cable. I considered it a safety issue. Consider driving on a busy highway and the vehicle next to you tries to move into your lane. I wrote a letter of complaint to Toyota usa. They responded only that my vehicle was out of warranty.

- Winton, CA, USA

May 162015

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Tacoma. The contact heard a popping noise coming from the vehicle and observed smoke inside the vehicle. After opening the driver side door, the contact noticed flames primarily on the driver side of the vehicle. The contact extinguished the fire with a garden hose. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer, but it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Gastonia, NC, USA

May 152013

Tacoma 6-cyl

Daytime running lamps are melting the lens.

- Whittier, CA, USA