4.6

2013 Toyota Tacoma suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Tacoma:

2013 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jan 032016

Tacoma

At around 40,000 miles my tires started cupping, I put on new tires with wheel alignment, at 55,000 miles I noticed my rear had a harder ride than usual and seemed to bottom out on bumps. Again with 85,000 miles (30K on new tires) tires were cupped and realized it after I spun out in the rain. I went to the mechanic and he said you have weak rear leaf springs and 1 leaf broken close to gas tank, he said there was a leaf spring recall on the 2011's and prior with 3 leaf packs (which I have), 2 sets of tires and now springs cost me thousands, why aren't all Tacoma with 3 pack leaf springs recalled?

- Howard Beach, NY, USA

Oct 302015

Tacoma

Massive squeaking noise coming from the drivers side front suspension. Took it to the dealership and the replaced the upper A-arm and a corroded bolt that's in an area that water can't get into. Noise went away for a month and now has returned. In the same area. After getting some information from a suspension mechanic they are aware of an ongoing issue with the Tacoma front suspensions and a possible fix from Toyota that that replaces the front coils and struts bur I have not heard anything from Toyota about it. All previous work on my vehicle done by dealership.

- Rosamond, CA, USA

Jul 222015

Tacoma

Driving on a road, passing another car, truck rolls and jouncy, soft shocks and struts, looked under, at home all shocks and struts are leaking oil and bouncy vehicle and bad ride in bumpy roads. I replaced rear shocks at my expense first then weeks later, I replaced the front struts !all leaked oil from shocks and struts way to early, ongoing for past few months earlier! replaced and paid labor at my own expense since dealerships and Toyota would call this out of warranty and normal wear and tear! cheap oem parts instad of quality? I installed rancho rs 5000 series all around! rides and handles very much better now!!!

- Eustis, FL, USA

Sep 232013

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

2013 Toyota Tacoma. Consumer writes in regards to wheel alignment issues. The consumer stated there was a severe vibration, coming from the front of the vehicle. According to the invoice, the vibration was coming from the driveline, due to the different angles of the lift, and the only way to correct the issue, would be to remove the lift and return it to stock height.

- Harrisburg, OR, USA

Jun 012013

Tacoma 6-cyl

Brand new vehicle experiencing extreme vibration when accelerating. This vibration is felt throughout the vehicle and has been duplicated to Toyota. Faster acceleration results in stronger vibrations. Only explanation from Toyota was that the there is an issue with the rear suspension (leaf springs). Toyota engineers have been to the dealership and have not been able to provide a valid solution other than to wait. I have spoken to other dealerships that state the Tacoma and 4runner are affected. After dropping off my vehicle many times, this issue has still not been resolved.

- Cibolo, TX, USA

Feb 132013

Tacoma 6-cyl

During normal (mild acceleration) the truck vibrates and shudders. The problem was presented to the local dealer and a tsb was performed but no improvement. Dealership and Toyota company refused to fix the issue.

- Everett, WA, USA