2014 Toyota Tacoma engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Tacoma:

2014 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Mar 172016

When attempting to pull out into traffic, when I step on the accelerator, nothing happens. You have to push the sccelerator almost to the floor before you get any power. This is very dangerous, in that I have almost been broad sided numerous times due to this problem.. I have reported this previously via reference number 10680961 back in Feb of 2015. The NHTSA report which I received was incorrect in its description of the problem. I have also reported this to Toyota, bit they say they cannot duplicate the problem so nothing has been done. My truck now has approximately 24,000 miles and the condition hasbecome more frequent. I want to go on record with this complaint so if any other drivers are experiencing this condition maybe Toyota will do something. Most of the time I am trying to turn into traffic when this condision happens.

- Collinsville, IL, USA

Feb 282014

At cold start up, oil pump makes a high pitch whine noise. Dealer says its normal does not check the engine.

- Guaynabo, PR, USA