2015 Toyota Tacoma accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma:

2015 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Mar 282015

Tacoma 6-cyl

I purchased a new Toyota Tacoma in January 2015. On March 28th 2015 my son and I each left our unplugged phone charging cables laying across the front of our factory upgraded all weather seats. The sun was directly shining on the front seats from 1 to 5 P.M. both seats melted around where the unplugged cords laid. I have written several letters to Toyota and the distributor asking for a simple replacement of the original seats that were on the original invoice at the time of purchase. My concerns include why did these three month old seats fail" are these seats safe and have they passed all the new car safety test? who manufactured these seats? who is responsible to inspect if the material is fire retardant" when I leave a plastic grocery bag on the seat for a 5 minute ride home the bags melt into the seats to the point that when I peel them off the ink writing from the bag is left on the seat. I am very concerned that if in an accident these seats can be hazardous to the occupants. The arbitration letter from Toyota national dispute settlement indicated that they did not have jurisdiction on this nonconformist item. This is the only written communication I have form the three letters I have written to Toyota. Toyota representatives verbally assure me that the seats have met all federal and dot requirements but refuse to put this information in writing. They also refuse to give me any information on who made these seats and what is the material made out of. This makes it nearly impossible for me to gather safety information regarding these seats and rather or not they meet all applicable dot standards. Thank you very much for your consideration of my concerns.

- Niceville, FL, USA

Feb 082016

My trucks headrests are tilted so far forward that it causes significant pain in my neck. They came this way from the factory. I have to turn the headrest around to relieve the pain, which then exposes me to an even higher risk of whiplash. You idiots at NHTSA who changed the regulations so that car manufacturers had to build them this way need to repeal the law.

- Oceanside, CA, USA