2015 Toyota Tacoma engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma:

2015 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Mar 062016

My stepson was pulling into the driveway, he stopped, then the Toyota Tacoma lunged forward crashing into our garage. I had noticed since leasing the truck in July of 2015, that once in a while I would come to a stop and it felt like I just got rear ended but nobody was behind me.

- Merced, CA, USA

Jun 052015

The contact owns a 2015 Toyota Tacoma. While driving approximately 10 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle continued to accelerate. The emergency brake was engaged however, the vehicle slightly scraped the concrete driveway wall. There was no personal injury. There was minor damage to the front bumper. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who replaced both the brake actuator and master cylinder. The bumper was not replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,000.

- Dana Point , CA, USA

Jun 052015

Tacoma 4WD 6-cyl

My 2015 Tacoma has an indication that cruise control (cc) is turned on, but not if cc is engaged or disengaged. I was driving in the right lane on a multiple lane freeway with cc on and engaged. When I approached slower moving traffic in the lane I was traveling, I moved to the left lane to pass. I used the accelerator in order to speed up and minimize my impact on the faster moving traffic in the lane. I did this without disengaging cc. Feeling social pressure to move right as traffic was backing up even at my accelerated speed, I released the accelerator and moved right. As my vehicle slowed and I approached the vehicle now in front of me, I did not recall cc was engaged. Since I was expecting my vehicle to continue decelerating, I was caught off guard when my cc engaged and quickly accelerate to resume the set speed after my vehicle's speed dropped 1-2 mph less than the speed my cc was engaged to maintain. I was able to quickly hit the brakes avoid a collision, but am concerned this failure to indicate the status of my cc may cause a future collision. Code of regulations title 49 section 571.101 S5.2.8 states "each control for an automatic vehicle speed system (cruise control) and each control for heating and air conditioning systems must have identification provided for each function of each such system." I do not believe my vehicle satisfies this requirement as their is no identification indicating the two settings available when cc is on: Engaged and disengaged. I've contacted Toyota and the dealership where I purchased the truck. They offered no solution and stated the speedometer holding a constant speed was the indication cc was engaged. I question if this is a valid argument because when I put my foot on the accelerator when cc is engaged, my speed changes. Thank you for taking my complaint.

- Sacramento, CA, USA