8.3

2015 Toyota Tacoma miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma:

2015 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Jan 042016

Tacoma

Toyota's emission part failure at 7,800 miles. Truck threw a code P2440 and P2442 which affects the secondary air injection system. After doing some research, it appears that the pump and or valves are prone to failure under 60K miles. Toyota has been aware of this issue and has been prone to failure in their Tundra models prior to putting them in 2012+ Tacoma models. Parts are around $800-$1,000 and dealer quotes are around $1,800-$2K to fix. These parts should not be failing at such low mileage and luckily was under the 3year/36K warranty.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Dec 292015

Tacoma

Secondary air injection system malfunctioned at under 8K miles on a 2015 brand new truck. Did some research and this part seems to fail pretty early and just outside the 3year/36mos coverage and be quite costly to fix or replace. Toyota currently is not doing anything about it on Tacoma like they did with the Tundra but they are aware that this part is prone to failure.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Feb 112016

Tacoma

While driving at 65 mph I heard a loud screeching sound which startled me causing me to almost lose control. A cross wind along with bad door seals caused this problem. The internet documents this problem well if you search 2015 Tacoma wind noise. Please see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=gbt7dasthpm the sound is very loud.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Dec 202015

Tacoma

As we were driving last night, the steering wheel fell apart during a turn, rendering it instantly unmovable. We got stuck in the oncoming traffic lane. We could not exit the vehicle because too many cars were whizzing by us. When we dislodged the broken piece we pulled over to the side. We physically hold the steering wheel together so that we could drive home. Toyota hauled the car off this morning. You're very lucky to be alive, we can take this very seriously and would hope that you would do the same. As soon as we could move the vehicle to a safer location, I began videoing. I have that as well.

- Tomball, TX, USA

Apr 152015

Tacoma

Doors do not automatically lock when truck begins to move. Small children are transported in this vehicle and I feel that this is an unsafe condition.

- Hoover, AL, USA

Mar 282015

Tacoma

While driving the truck, my husband heard a "popping" sound, looked in the backseat, and saw that the right, rear jumpseat, which had been in an upright position, was "seat-down, headrest up" and the right rear pane of glass in the rear windshield had shattered. The response of reinhardt Toyota was, "your warranty doesn't cover glass, but we'll repair it for $1,100."

- Pike Road, AL, USA