2015 Toyota Tacoma steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Tacoma:

2015 Toyota Tacoma Owner Comments

Sep 222016

Tacoma

Our 2015 Toyota Tacoma prerunner's steering locked up just as though the ignition was turned off, at 45 mph, causing the truck to veer left into on comming traffic, causing a head on collusion with a semi truck. Toyota inspected the truck after accident and said they could not find any problems, and that ignition key turned and steering worked normally, but there was no drivers wheel, rim, linkage, or fender. Toyota's legal department told me that they were not going to look into this anymore. This was a good 2 lane road in good weather at 1 pm in the afternoon. My 28 year old step son was driving and has head, neck and back injuries due to this problem and Toyota does not seem to care about this at this point 12/01/2016.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Dec 202015

Tacoma

As we were driving last night, the steering wheel fell apart during a turn, rendering it instantly unmovable. We got stuck in the oncoming traffic lane. We could not exit the vehicle because too many cars were whizzing by us. When we dislodged the broken piece we pulled over to the side. We physically hold the steering wheel together so that we could drive home. Toyota hauled the car off this morning. You're very lucky to be alive, we can take this very seriously and would hope that you would do the same. As soon as we could move the vehicle to a safer location, I began videoing. I have that as well.

- Tomball, TX, USA