1. replace/rebuild transmission (1 reports)
2000 Toyota Tundra transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Toyota Tundra:

2000 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jan 072015

Tundra SR5 4.7L V8

On 11/17/14 mid day, the truck stumbled in San Leandro on a typical drive to a furniture store. The stumble was like a hard shift as we slowed down to cross some train tracks and approached some signal lights. The truck went into neutral and as the motor began to rev and I let up on the throttle it slammed back into gear. This accrued twice in 50 feet.

When we got home I went on the internet and searched the problem. I read that Transmission failure was emanate, this was a precursor to many Tundra Transmission failures listed online. I had The transmission serviced by a local shop and no issues were present, but I wanted to stay on top of any problem that might accrue. On 1/8/15 the truck, on a short trip to the Apple Store, on local Hwy 17 in a long up hill stretch of divided Road with no turn arounds or exits, the Transmission went into its neutral mode. It did not slam back into gear as before,and as the truck speed slowed on the Highway, I looked for an escape diving to the shoulder, and had to coast back into on coming traffic to get to a safe place to exit the vehicle with my wife.

My Rant may see calm but it was a tense situation at the time. I have no doubt that this is a manufacturing problem and should be dealt with as such. I will be exploring class action and advertising this issue on a local level for Toyota, in an attempt to make them take responsibility…..

- , Aptos, CA, USA