2.6

2001 Toyota Tundra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Tundra:

2001 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jun 272015

Tundra

Took my 2001 Tundra in for the frame recalls. I had 52616 miles on a garage kept truck. They said my frame would be fine and would have a crc compound applied Apr 2012. After a few weeks I took it back in since the compound was falling off, May 2012. They reapplied the crc. I told them I had concerns over spraying over rust, but said they were sure Toyota would stand behind it. Feb 2014 the technician made a comment about the rust and lack of compound visible. Feb 2015 the technician again said it was clear that the crc was almost gone. He made a note of it on the service report. I asked them to contact the Corp office about it. A few weeks later the dealership said that Corp wouldn't spray it again, but that the dealership would spray it. 27 June 2015 driving home from work on interstate 41, the front strap holding the gas tank broke, mileage 58325. I got the truck to the dealership and had new straps installed. The technician said they actually had to drill and tap and mount the front strap in a different location due to severe rotting of the frame. Afterwards I found out that the straps should have been replaced during phase 2 of ssc 90. I called Toyota Corp case# 1507131315. The first case manager george said right away Toyota would do nothing for me. Then I took my truck to the gas station to fill it up for the first time. Gas started pouring out onto the ground. I basically called every day till I got jeffery moore as manager. He got my straps and tanks replaced but said Corp wouldn't do anything about the frame. I sent pictures and everything. Now Toyota will not respond to any of my E-mails or calls. My frame has holes that I can put my hand threw and has only 6000 miles on it since it was sprayed. I'm afraid that the gas will brake away or the frame will snap at any time. The govt needs to make them fix this safety issue that was in the recall, not mask it.

- Allenton, WI, USA