2001 Toyota Tundra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Toyota Tundra:

2001 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jan 062015

Tundra 8-cyl

Spare tire holder rusted & spare tire flew off into traffic. This is a safety issue.

- Wilkes Barre, PA, USA

Apr 112012

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

I sent in my Toyota Tundra for a safety recall the ssc 90-M recall and the dealership did nothing but spray crc over the rust when I brought it to there attention that the fuel straps were not changed or the spare tire that has previously dislodged from the vehicle was still in the bed of the truck they said it is not our problem. What action can I take on this?

- Quinton, NJ, USA

Jan 042010

The spare tire separated from the cross member on my 2001 Tundra. Fortunately I was at slow speed. I now know you have opened an investigation but wanted to be sure to log the issue. My truck is no longer drivable and Toyota has told me that they do not have the parts to fix it yet. I think it is time that you require Toyota to replace the frame and all associated components. This is not isolated to just the rear crossmember, there is rust throughout the whole underside of the vehicle.

- Hancock, NH, USA