2. repair by welding (1 reports)
2002 Toyota Tundra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tundra:

2002 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Sep 012012

I discovered a leak in the rear end the other day went right down to my mechanic and he said to contact Toyota. The whole rear banjo housing is rotted through and should be under Toyota. Maybe the previous owner had a recall and never did anything about it. I am the second owner and last week received a letter about the cross bar corrosion. That I am taking it in to have done next week.

- , Saugus, MA, USA

Mar 092010

Tundra LTD V8

I went to Iron Mountain Toyota and they just brushed me off so I wrote to the Calif. office and never heard anything. I am ticked off, love my truck and I do want it fixed and they need to do something. I purchased new and I have never had a problem with my truck. I have never received any recalls on my truck. Wish they would get with it. Brigid Murphy, owner. I want this fixed the weak spot area in the rear of the truck bed and under the frame fixed and soon if they need to get rid of the rust they need to do so.

Update from Mar 25, 2010: I made a appointment in GB and they told me it is fine and my tire is fine underneath and can stay underneath, Ok so they never mentioned my weak spot under my liner. Guess that is not a problem? I asked if they fix it they said no we just look at problems. Guess they feel that is not a problem??Yes I am complainning. Just what does it is fine and it passed mean?? Wish it was there truck then.. I had purchased it to haul a 5th wheel camper now I sure am glad I did not use it for that. I bet it would have pulled out of the bed at that rate... I am not a happy camper person now..

- , Goodman, WI, USA