2002 Toyota Tundra drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tundra:

2002 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Nov 162004

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra with 39,000 miles on it. I was going 15-20 mph and aproaching a on ramp to the highway when my front drivers side ball joint snapped. I had my 4 month old son in the car with me. Luckily I was able to stop without getting into a accident but wonder what would have happened if we were on the highway. Toyota said I must have hit something in order for it to fail and refused to contact the NHTSA and refused to cover the expense of having it fixed. $1900.

- Franklin, WI, USA