2002 Toyota Tundra lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tundra:

2002 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Sep 072012

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

I had recall for my Tundra bed and there were going to resolve the rust issue at no charge. I took my truck to bobby rehal Toyota in mechancisburg pa. They broke a part that wasn't part of the recall. They told me and if I wanted my truck back I had to pay for it. I tried to resolve with bobby rehal and Toyota main office and they told me to pay if I wanted my truck and the part they broke was not part of the recall. I explained I didn't need or want this recall but was told it was a no cost recall by letter. I paid it but now I just received another recall for airbag but how can I take my truck to Toyota not knowing the outcome of the recall so I may choose to do nothing because I cannot be sure they won't make me pay again for something I didn't want/need in the first place. Thanks.

- Camp Hill, PA, USA

Oct 012009

I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5. Headlight lens material has become blurred and more opaque in recent years, causing driving at night to be less illuminated and more hazardous. This began developing a few years ago, approximately 2005. I attempted to use a lens polishing product, but that produced only marginal improvements. The lenses continue to deteriorate over time, and it is only the headlight lenses while the same lens material is crystal clear over the marker lights. The lens material was poorly designed for use with headlights and appears to react poorly to the higher heat produced from the headlight bulbs. This is a serious safety hazard.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 012008

The contact owns a 2002 Toyota Tundra. While driving 55 mph, the rear license plate lamp caught fire without the contact's knowledge. Other drivers waved down the contact and ran him off the road due to the fire in the rear of the vehicle. The fire department stated that in less than two minutes, the fire would have reached the gas tank and resulted in the combustion of the vehicle. A police report was filed. Toyota stated that they were not responsible for the repairs and the contact would be liable. The failure mileage was 102,000 and current mileage was 103,000.

- Lake Placid, NY, USA