2002 Toyota Tundra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tundra:

2002 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Feb 142012

Tundra 4.7L

In 2008 I was driving my 2002 Tundra. I had stopped at an intersection and was turning left when the driver's side hit the ground. The lower ball joint had separated causing the tire to buckle inward and undrivable. I had the truck repaired as it was the only vehicle I had to use for work. Later I learned there was a recall for this problem, but not for the 2002. After many calls and letter to Toyota they agreed to pay for the repair. There has since been a recall for the 2002 Tundra. On many service trips to Toyota, oil changes, etc. I asked them to check the ball joints and explained what had happened. They assured me the parts and repair were safe and I should have no problems in the future. Then 3 years later, my teenage son was driving the truck home when he called me saying he had major problems. He was going about 50mph when the passenger side front wheel totally separated from the truck. Upper and lower ball joint assembly, brake line severed, no control with steering or braking. Fortunately no injuries as he swerved about 100 yards. Toyota now assumes no responsibility saying "We paid for that repair in 2008, and there is nothing else we can do."

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with them on this issue?

- , Bremen, GA, USA