CarComplaints.com Notes: You're going to burn through a lot of dinosaurs while chugging around town, and any rear passengers you may have to carry are going to feel real cramped, but at the end of the day this is a solid truck.

7.0

2. replace the frame (1 reports)
2004 Toyota Tundra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Tundra:

2004 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Sep 192014

Tundra 4.7L

Bought the truck at Acadia Toyota as a used vehicle, I was told it had been inspected and it passed. About a year later I go under the truck to fix a lose ball joint and notice a hole in the frame,I called up Acadia Toyota, they took pictures and said they would be sent off to head office. In approximately 10 days I was told they are not going to do anything about it, it's my problem.

I have heard of other people who have had there frames replaced but why not mine- I do not understand their logic.The frame is rusted in several places and they sold me the truck. Needless to say I won't be buying another vehicle there or recommend them to anyone I know.Thanks for letting me vent.

- , Moncton, NB, Canada

Feb 012012

Tundra Limited V8

This is an on going problem with Tundras. Toyota is repairing/replacing up to 2003 models.

As yet, they are ignoring problem in later models.

- , New Haven, CT - Connecticut, USA