6.3

2004 Toyota Tundra suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Toyota Tundra:

2004 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Apr 122005

Tundra

I had two auto repair shops tell me that my ball joints were bad I went to haddad Toyota to have them checked haddad Toyota told me there was nothing wrong with the ball joints. I then proceeded to have new tires put on because of excessive wear at the time the tire store said you have to replace your vball joints so at a cost of 500 dollars I had them replaced when the first recall came out after I had the joints replace I sent al, L the information to Toyota for refund of my money. They said because I had the replacement done by someone other than Toyota I could not get my money. Is there any way I can recover the money I spent after Toyota denied there was anything wrong with the ball joints?

- Averill Park, NY, USA

Aug 172006

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2004 Toyota Tundra four wheel drive. I have increased steering effort in the steering and my tires have excessive wear on the outside. The tires have no thread on the outside. I only have a little over 18,000 miles on it. I have had it aligned and it hasn't done any good. I have taken it to the dealership as well as written Toyota themselves. The Toyota corporation said that there is a recall. The dealership itself said that it is not part of the recall on the ball joints and lower suspension. They want do anything about it.

- Natchez, MS, USA

Nov 092005

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Vehicle was purchased on June 30, 2004. After only a few thousand miles, the front tire began to wear excessively on the outside edge, and the vehicle pulled hard to the right. The dealer replaced the front tires and aligned the end at around 4K miles. The wear continued, and now at 18K, the tires are worn out. The vehicle still pulls to the right, and the dealer states that no additional front end alignments or tires will be replaced under warranty.

- Lagrange, GA, USA

Aug 132004

Tundra 8-cyl

The front end shimmied and the outside of the frnt tire began to wear. The dealer did wheel balance and alignment bu the shimmying continued when driving slow. Had the vehicle to the dealer at least 3 times but the deale R could not find anything wrong with it. The ball joint recall did not include the consumer's vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer the first time on Aug ust 13, 2004.

- Bonita , CA, USA