2005 Toyota Tundra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Toyota Tundra:

2005 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Nov 152016

Tundra

Takata recall--we have not received replacement parts for recall of side curtain air bags. We have been very distressed regarding the takata bags containing shrapnel-like substances & told replacement bag in passenger side (that was already replaced once) is also defective. We are very concerned as we Transport grandchildren in this vehicle. This vehicle is a danger to our family & we want to know when it will be safe. There was also a recall on the undercarriage rusting. We got the spray done on that. When will this vehicle be safe? it has been reliable, just very stressful regarding saftey issues.

- Gainesville, VA, USA

Sep 132016

Tundra

"takata recall" on or around August 23, 2016 I called a toll free phone number either off a recall notification flyer I received in the mail or from a voice message on our home phone regarding the passenger airbag inflator on my 2005 Toyota Tundra truck. They asked where I wanted my vehicle fixed and I chose wilde Toyota (3225 S 108th St, West allis, wi) since that is where I bought the truck from and have done a variety of repairs on this and other vehicles. The operator called their service department and I was notified the part would need to be ordered. I wasn't given any time frame, but I assumed it couldn't take long. I called wilde Toyota today (September 13, 2016), and I was informed it was ordered as promised, but it would take 3 months!! I was never notified of this. I was told I shouldn't have someone in the front passenger seat. How does Toyota expect a vehicle to be used for 3 months without allowing a passenger in the front seat. I don't understand why they wouldn't have an inventory on hand to handle quick turnaround. I understand it could be hard to manage, but 3 months is ridiculous.

- Germantown, WI, USA

May 012015

Tundra

The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The contact received a recall notification over one year ago. The dealer informed the contact several times that he was placed on a waiting list; however, the part was not available for repair. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Grapevine, TX, USA

Feb 012016

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hilo, HI, USA

Apr 042015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Payson, AZ, USA

Sep 082015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Part distribution disconnect.

- Laurelville, OH, USA

Jun 082015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Aug 152015

Tundra

Front passenger air bag and curtain sheild (csa) airbag control module NHTSA recall:16V-065. No complications as of today. 8/15/2015 I received a recall notice for front passenger air back and notice said not to use front passenger seat and parts not available that a second notice would be sent when part was available I have heard nothing until today 3/12/2016 I received a recall for the curtain sheild airbag (csa) airbag control module and this part is not available I will receive a second notice when it is. I looked up the recalls and noticed the first part is available but have not been notified by Toyota so I called the vacaville dealer that sold me the truck and works on it to find out why I was not notified and was told they would call me right back in 5 min. I'm still waiting. Toyota and the dealerships need to get moving on these parts and installations now. The thing I'm more worried about now is that when they do replace the bags they are going to mess something else up or pretend to do it and keep the vehicle for days as I have experienced in the past even with an appointment and something as simple as replacing the battery or even an oil change I've had to return because they put the oil filter in wrong and leaked not only did I have to drive back but had to wait for 2 more hours at the end of the line spent a total of 4 hours waiting for oil change a return visit to fix what was not done right and then 1/2 hour of waiting when truck was done because no one came to let me know like they said. I found my truck in the parking lot and had to find someone to find my paper work and see that it was done another 20 min.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Tundra

Horn, airbag and cruise control light on do to a bad spiral cable, this is dangerous. This is a ongoing problem with this vehicle.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Oct 262015

Tundra

Takata recall hoover Toyota, birmingham al said they would not do the recall because we had replaced the trucks failed computer with a used model. They said that since we did not use an dealership to do the previous repair that they would not do the airbag replacement. They said they would hold the car unless we signed a release of liability form if we picked up the truck without paying them to replace the computer again. Calls to Toyota corporate received the same response. After a couple hours of threatening, they managed to figure out how to replace the airbag. Their reasoning for not being able to do the replacement was that they could not do a health checkup on the truck because the VIN number in the trucks computer did not match the trucks VIN number.

- Vestavia, AL, USA

Nov 122015

Tundra

Takata recall. Was made aware of recall via the media. Verified by using web site and VIN #. contacted dealer (mike johnson's Toyota of hickory), was told my vehicle was not on the list. In Dec. 2015, received safety recall notice that my vehicle was indeed on the list. Contacted dealer 5 times since, each time with promise to check and call me back. Last time 2 weeks ago. No call back. I need (1) repairs done, or (2) written notice my vehicle is safe for front seat passengers, or (3) a loaner vehicle. I think 3+ months with no repairs or even a scheduled repair is indeed excessive.

- Newton, NC, USA

Nov 302015

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 04/13/16 updated 04/18/16.

- Frankford, DE, USA

Apr 152005

Takata recall.

- Buxton, ME, USA

Jan 232015

Tundra

We have been trying to get the air bag replacements for the recall done. So far none are available. We received the recall letter from Toyota and it has the warning not to let anyone ride in the passenger side. This has made our vehicle unable to be used for most of 2015. We only put 1,000 miles on it. With them giving us the warning the vehicle is not safe and if we were to have an accident Toyota's liability would be void since they sent out a notification letter per our attorney. I want them to buy back our vehicle so we can replace it with a truck that is safe for us to use. As it now E cannot sell it and avoid the liability if something should happen with the new owner. My husband had an accident last January and neither of the airbags deployed.

- Townsend, DE, USA

Jun 162015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags). However, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Jamestown, PA, USA

May 102015

Tundra

Takata recall - several months after I was notified of the recall, my local dealer still does not have the part available

- Prescott, AZ, USA

Dec 302015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the parts were unavailable to perform the repairs. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Jun 162015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 04/13/16

- Bellaire, OH, USA

Jul 222015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not availalbe.

- Fincastle, VA, USA

Jul 062015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Grass Valley, CA, USA