2006 Toyota Tundra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Tundra:

2006 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Jun 142016

Tundra

I scheduled a repair at dave edwards Toyota. Was told to come in at 10am, and I could pick up the vehicle at 12 noon. It is a 60 minute drive both ways, and I had my wife pick me up and when I returned at 12 noon, the vehicle had not been repaired, and was not given an explanation why. The vehicle still has not been repaired.

- Union, SC, USA

Aug 232016

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hickman, NE, USA

Jun 012016

Tundra

Takata inflators Toyota notified me that replacement parts were available in my geographic area in February 2016. When I called to schedule an appointment, I was told that parts were not available until September 2016. This is an unacceptable time frame to repair a defective vehicle. Are there any other remedies?

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Jun 072016

Tundra

My truck has a recall on the air bag, the recall stated do not have anyone in the front seat. I have handicap people who cannot get in the back seat. If someone hits me my passenger can be injured or killed. I called to get an appointment for replacement and it is up to 4 months out. Under the circumstances this is unacceptable and I feel Toyota should provide a rental car till the air bag can be replaced.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jun 022016

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jun 012016

Tundra

Takata recall-we received a letter from Toyota a month ago stating that "Toyota has completed parts preparation for vehicles in your geographic area". I contacted the dealer and was told there is a national back order of the part and that it would take 3-4 months for the part to come in. Until then, no one is to drive in the passenger seat of the truck which makes the vehicle virtually unusable. The recall has been in effect for almost a year and now we are being told it wll be another 1/3 of a year before it is addressed.

- Marengo, IA, USA

May 052016

Tundra

Takata recall still waiting to be able to use this vehicle safely. Unacceptable waiting time! was told today that "they send them at will" and "it looks like it will be a lengthy waiting time but you are welcome to check back periodically"!!! this an urgent safety recall and has resulted in deaths!

- Hubbardsville, NY, USA

Jan 042016

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Brookville, IN, USA

Feb 012016

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 06/14/16 updated 06/15/16

- Conover, NC, USA

Apr 012016

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

2006 Toyota Tundra. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair front passenger airbag inflator recall notice.

- Hayti, MO, USA

Apr 092016

Tundra

Takata recall. Airbag recall. Safety recall: E04. 2006 Toyota Tundra. Experiencing hardship and inconvenience to business due to excessive wait for new parts to remedy defective parts in recall. Shameful lack of response from Toyota to remedy this deadly safety issue and to make right by owners inconvenienced by Toyota product malfunction.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 082016

Tundra

Takata recall- according to NHTSA recall number 15V285, this recall was issued on June 16, of 2015. I just received my recall notice from Toyota last week, a full nine months later. Is this delay permissible" my mailing address is known to Toyota and it hasn't changed in four years. This is very upsetting to learn about so late- not know my grand kids or others should not have been in the front passenger seat. Also, regarding NHTSA campaign number 16V065000- how long should I expect to wait for a recall notice" the dealership tells me they can do nothing until Toyota notifies them.

- Kingsburg, CA, USA

Apr 102015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Mar 242016

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V286000 (air bags). The vehicle was taken to the dealer for repairs, but the contact had to wait a long period of time. In addition, the contact noticed that the module behind the dashboard did not belong to the vehicle. The contact believed that the passenger side air bag was replaced with a refurbished air bag. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Gonzalez, LA, USA

Mar 232016

Tundra

Urgent safety recall notice received. Our local dealership says they can only get 1 repair kit a week from Toyota, so it will be 2 months before we can get this fixed. In the meantime, we are told no one should ride in the front passenger seat. This does not seem like a timely remedy to a dangerous defect.

- Mahomet, IL, USA

Apr 152015

Tundra

Takata recall. The recall started almost a year ago for the los angeles area. The suggestion Toyota gave me until the inflator is available is to Transport no person in the front passenger seat. This is our adventure vehicle: Snowboarding, kayaking, road biking, mountain biking, camping, scuba diving, etc. I do all of the things with my wife and friends. Am I really expected to Transport no one in the front passenger seat for this long? it is completely unfair to put my family and friends either at risk or to make it almost impossible to use my truck the way it was intended to be used. My complaint is that it is taking too long to get the inflator needed for Toyota to fix this dangerous problem.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 142016

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Litchfield, ME, USA

Jul 062015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Sterling, MA, USA

Jun 012015

Tundra

I received a recall after being assigned to gtmo cuba. I have had many Honda vehicles have their air bags that were recalled replaced here in guantanamo bay, cuba. I contacted Toyota and got no response on sending a representative to repair any vehicles on this military installation. I have sent several email with no avail. Please assist all us faulty Toyota owners in cuba. Honda has stepped up on several occasions to help sailors and soldiers here protect their families.

- Guantanamo Bay, AE, USA

Sep 032015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Southampton, PA, USA