3.1

2006 Toyota Tundra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Toyota Tundra:

2006 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Dec 082014

Tundra 8-cyl

Air pressure in one tire constantly deflates. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that due to the porosity chrome of the wheels, air leaks out from the wheel causing the tire to deflate.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Sep 222014

Tundra

Inflated the tires to ensure proper psi's prior to operation. Tire warning light shuts on and off. Tire warning lights will remain on when vehicle is started, idling, and in operation. This is still an ongoing problem that has not been fully resolved. The tire sensors could be a contributing factor which is not being reported as well. Went to the local dealership and was told that they will not fix unless the recall is under Toyota's website and not the NHTSA. This is a potential safety issue that could result in an accident, injury, or death.

- Scottsbluff, NE, USA

Sep 302006

Tundra

2006 Toyota Tundra rear tire blewout. ****** bridgetown dueler H/T 840.

- Montgomery, TX, USA

Sep 302006

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

Saturday afternoon 30 Sept 2006 at about 3:00 pm, I just had my 2006 Toyota Tundra limited washed at a facility in conroe, tx. I departed, there drove about a half a mile at a speed of 15-20 mph and had a blowout on the right rear tire of my vehicle. While having this tire changed by aaa I was robbed by two black thugs who took advantage of the disabled situation. It was witnessed by the tire changer and it was so bold that we were unable to get the tag number or total description of the vehicle except make, color, and general description. A police report was filed with the conroe, tx police department. Tires are kept at proper pressure, maintained by me and the Toyota equipped pressure monitoring system. Since this had no cause except failure of the tire, my wife refuses to drive on Bridgestone extended mileage tires that came with the vehicle. So at 17,000 miles I was forced to purchase 4 new different brand tires to provide for the safety of my family. This manufacturers flaw caused me to get robbed and placed me in unnecessary danger of being killed or injured while outside of a disabled vehicle. I feel that Bridgestone sold to Toyota a defective tire which was installed on my vehicle. I have to only assume that the other three may have the same defect. I want Bridgestone to reimburse me for the cost of replacing the entire four tires at a cost of $827.73.

- Montgomery, TX, USA